VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME ON THE CAMINO UNIVERSITY WALKING COMMUNITY
The programme University Walking Community came into being with the aim of making easier for university community to carry out voluntary work on the Camino de Santiago and to promote the European values of cooperation, integration, diversity, tolerance and unity associated with this pilgrimage route.
HOW? 40 student from member universities of the CGU will participate in one-month volunteer actions in municipalities of the Asociación de Municipios del Camino de Santiago located along the French Route.
WHEN? From 10 July to 10 September 2019. Two volunteer periods of one uninterrupted month will be established:
- FIRST period: from 10th July to 10th August.
- SECOND period: from 10th August to 10th September.
GRANTS? The Compostela Group of Universities and the Asociación de Municipios del Camino de Santiago will award 40 grants to selected candidates.
The grants of the programme University Walking Community will cover:
- The volunteer training course.
- Accommodation during the period of voluntary work.
- Meals during the period of voluntary work, except for the day of arrival and the day of return that is to be reduced to a meal.
- Local transport to the destination points of the voluntary work and from there to the meeting point.
APPLICATIONS. Deadline 1 April 2019 (23:59 PM GMT). Online application form. This form must be compulsorily filled in online and in English for the application to be accepted.
To see which documents you will need to submit with your application please read this information:
- Call 2019 University Walking Community (PDF) / Convocatoria 2019 University Walking Community (PDF).
- Declaration of responsibility and commitment to a one-month stay / Documento declaración de responsabilidad y compromiso de estancia (Word / PDF).