I Research Pitches Contest (2016/2017)
The Compostela Group of Universities (CGU) promotes the cooperation between its member institutions so that, sharing experience and good practices, they can provide better service to society. One of the main aims of universities is research. This contest intends to contribute to the policies of universities to boost the dissemination of research results as well as to promote the research carried out at university members.
Researchers are invited to present their research by means of Research Pitches. A pitch is a short presentation that aims to convince somebody of the value of something, usually with the goal of selling a product or getting funding for a project. The idea is that researchers in the Compostela Group of Universities have the chance to disseminate their research among the other university members and beyond, in order to find funding, contact research groups doing similar research, attract researchers and PhD students who wish to do that kind of research, and to disseminate research results to the academic community and to the society, in general.
The Compostela Group will reward the research pitch presented by a researcher of one of its member universities that best reaches a general audience and transmits the reasons why the research project is important as well as the contribution made to society by means of that project.
How to take part?
• Make sure that your University has endorsed the programme (consult the list of involved institutions and coordinators)
- October 2016: The call 2016/2017 is open.
- 21st November 2016: Deadline for the universities to send the Letter of Endorsement.
- 21st November 2016-April 2017: Researchers apply to the contest.
- 15th May 2017: Deadline for the universities to send to the CGU’s Secretariat the selected Research Pitch(es) to join the CGU contest, and the Nomination Form.
- May 2017: Deliberation of the Evaluation Committee.
- Summer 2017: Publication of the winners.
- September 2017: Presentation of the winner Research Pitches and awarding of the prize during the CGU’s General Assembly.