The Compostela Group of Universities (CGU) promotes the cooperation between its member institutions so that, sharing experience and good practices, they can provide better service to society. One of the main aims of universities is research. This contest intends to contribute to the policies of universities to boost the dissemination of research results as well as to promote the research carried out by university members.
Researchers are invited to present their research by means of Research Pitches. A pitch is a short presentation that aims to convince somebody of the value of something, usually with the goal of selling a product or getting funding for a project. The idea is that researchers in the Compostela Group of Universities have the chance to disseminate their research among the other university members and beyond, in order to find funding, contact research groups doing similar research, attract researchers and PhD students who wish to do that kind of research, and to disseminate research results to the academic community and to the society, in general.
The Compostela Group will reward the research pitch presented by a researcher of one of its member universities that best reaches a general audience and transmits the reasons why the research project is important as well as the contribution made to society by means of that project.
Want to participate?
We recommend you to read the documents and visit the links below.
Documents and links:
- Guidelines III Research pitches contest (PDF) / Bases III Concurso de pitches de investigación (PDF)
- Letter of support (Word)
- Application form research pitches. This form must be compulsorily filled in online and in English for the application to be accepted.
- CGU logo blue (EPS) (PNG) / CGU logo violet (EPS) (PNG)
- III Research pitches contest Jury.
- November 2018: Launch of the call.
- 3 March 2019 (12:00 AM GMT): Deadline for submission of applications.
- April 2019: Jury deliberation and announcement of the winners.
- June 2019: Official presentation of the winning pitches during the CGU's annual General Assembly.
Need some inspiration?
Contacts to sign the letter of support:
The delegate of the Compostela Group of Universities in each member university will sign the letter of support. Except at the University of Santiago de Compostela, where the person in charge of signing this letter will be the director of CIEDUS.
If you do not know who is the delegate of our network in your university, contact them or the Compostela Group of Universities for assistance.